Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow cream

So many people have asked me about the snow creme, that I decided to post the "recipe." First gather a large bowl of fresh clean snow. I use a big clean bucket to gather it in. Then, sprinkle with vanilla and sugar. Pour milk over mixture and mix. I don't have an exact recipe, I just blend and taste. Make sure to not use too much milk at first, add it in small increments, so you won't over do it. You want it like a smoothie. I use skim milk too, but whole milk and half/half makes a really rich cream. You can put chocolate syrup on it too. We don't do too many extras because it takes away from the creme flavor. We cover it and sit it back in the snow where critters won't get into it. Then the children go out throughout the day and get helpings. Thanks to my Grandma Mae..........mmmmm......it's a good thing!

3 comments:

  1. I sure do miss her, and I miss you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I might just try that. Brett remembers hating it as a kid, but maybe they made it another way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to make this as a kid. Love it.

    ReplyDelete